The Hungry Hearts tour is back in the Playhouse, bringing Romeo and Juliet, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, and Our Town back to the Blackfriars stage and adding the time-traveling adventure Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet). They’ve been on the road since September, with a respite back home for the Holiday Season.
Here are some of the highlights of this year’s tour:
- The Hungry Hearts tour visited 47 cities in 19 states, reaching over 25,000 people.
- In those 47 cities, the tour performed 75 shows, conducted 69 workshops, and held 15 talkbacks.
- In 2016-2017, the tour had more two-show days than ever!
- We had five new venues and 38 repeat venues, and this was our third year in a row with 70+ shows.
- Smallest town Hungry Hearts performed in: Clarksville, Texas, population 3100
- Largest city Hungry Hearts performed in: New York City, population 8 million
- The largest house the troupe performed for was at the University of Buffalo, with an audience of 1400 high school students.
- The Hungry Hearts truck, fully loaded, weighed 21,000 pounds.
- That truck traveled 18,000 miles (and suffered only one breakdown).
- The troupe did 262 loads of laundry.
- 17 Crabs had their moment in the spotlight! You can catch up on their adventures on Twitter: @ASC_Crab.
Catch Romeo and Juliet, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Our Town, and Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet) at the Blackfriars Playhouse, now through June 11th.